My little piece of Paradise

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I'm new to blogging, only started at the beginning of January 2014. In that time I have had a lot of fun participating in various challenges and have been inspired by so many of you. I'm new to card making but enjoy it so much. I've been a scrapbooker for many years and card making seemed like the next logical step:)
I hope you enjoy your visit and feel free to leave me a comment or follow my blog. HUGZ :)

Monday, February 17, 2014

CFTH ~ Flowers

Good day to all :)
Hope everyone is feeling ok, me... not so much.
There has been a bad cold going around our house and alas.... i seem to have caught it.. ughhhhhhh
I would love to say that i have been spending lots of time crafting but instead i'll say that i have been spending lots of time curled up in my recliner lol...
I hear my husband moaning in the next room as i write this lol... MEN!!

Well this week at Crafting From The Heart, the theme is "Flowers", so come on over and show us your creations. Remember that the challenge is always anything goes so it's ok if you didn't use flowers :)
I also want to mention that starting the beginning of March, the challenge will be going weekly!

Our fabulous sponsors for this week are
$15 Shop Voucher

and 

3 Digi's

The Image i chose this week is from Aurora Wings. I must say that this image was such a challenge for me in many ways. First, the amount of detail in this image and trying to choose colours was a huge challenge. Next... her hair!!!!  OMG i must have coloured and erased a million times before i finally has happy with it..... the problem was with the shape i printed the image out on.. i didn't realize at the time that the black lines for her hair were very short and did not reach to top of my image so i had to imporvise and drawn my way through it lol....but  i think it turned out and i'm very happy with it :)  My very last challenge was to choose papers and colours... i started with a step card then scraped that one,  I then cut a shell shaped card.... scraped that one too lol... I also started with teal, then went darker, then decided on the blue and grey!!!!
I used lots of stickles and pearls for this one too
OMG!!!!!!! lol

Well here it is and I hope you like :)



 Cheers xo


Challenges:

A Creative Romane - Let's Get Sentimental
4 Crafty Chicks - Use Pearls
Brown Sugar - Use Die Cut or Punch
Card Makin Mama's - Make It Sparkle
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Cards Galore Encore - Add Gem, Glitter, Candy, Bling
Crafty Girls - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Clever Cutting
MilkCoffee - Girly
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Stampin For The Weekend - Flower Power
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Love To Create - Bling
Creatalicious - Pearls And Glitter
One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes










13 comments:

  1. what a lovely card and image thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create this week Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna - Great job as always! Love the way you colored her up! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks, I hope you will join us again soon!
    Hugs - Tina - DT for 4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card Donna...she is so gorgeous & you have coloured her so well. And the pearls are gorgeous in her hair.
    Thanks for playing along at 4 Crafty Chicks with us.
    Debi - Guest Designer @ 4CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafts Galore Encore this month.

    Hugs Erin DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful card - fantastic colouring on your image! Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job you hit me so I get to leave a comment..great image!!Keep up the awesome work!!Thanks for joining us over at One Crazy Stamper!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, beautiful image, beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Love To Create this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love the beautiful image, your coloring, and the bling in her hair!
    Thank you for joining our Make it Sparkle with Bling Challenge over at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image!! Love the pearls in the hair and the bling flower! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Anyone for Anya DT
    Stampavie and More DT
    Creative Fingers DT 

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous image. You have showcased it beautifully. I love the pearls in her hair. Thank you for joining us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply beautiful! Love the colours you've chosen!

    Thanks for joining us at Stampin' For the Weekend for our Flower Power challenge!

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WoW, What a fantastic card you made! I like all details :-))
    Thank you for playing along with us at Milk Coffee and I hope to see you again!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh Wow I Just Love This Gigi Image And Y Your Colouring Is Brilliant Hope The Cold Is Much Better.

    ReplyDelete