My little piece of Paradise

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I'm new to blogging, only started at the beginning of January 2014. In that time I have had a lot of fun participating in various challenges and have been inspired by so many of you. I'm new to card making but enjoy it so much. I've been a scrapbooker for many years and card making seemed like the next logical step:)
I hope you enjoy your visit and feel free to leave me a comment or follow my blog. HUGZ :)

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Welcome to my world!

First off, I have some exciting news and it's a 2 parter.
I was asked to be on the design team for Crafting From The Heart, and THEN I was asked to be a guest designer for the month of February for Crafty Catz.  I'm totally in heaven because challenges for me are not about the prizes that can be won, although great, but personally I like the badges lol, makes me feel like I've achieved something.  So I want to thank the fabulous teams at both of these blog challenges for giving me a chance to shine :)
So that's the good news, but we all know that when good things happen, something needs to level the playing field lol and that is what happened with my printer this week.
I was trying to print an image for a card I wanted to do for the Crafty Catz challenge and noticed that my black wasn't printing but my other colors were fine so I went through all the tech stuff I was supposed to with aligning my cartridges, doing a maintenance clean and so forth but nothing was working although I wasn't getting an error message (I have an HP photo jet with a display screen).
So I go looking for solutions on the internet, well cause everyone knows you can find any answer on the internet lol, so I came across this site that told me to take my printer head out and soak it in hot water cause it's probably clogged so that's what I do.  Needless to say I now get an error message that tell me to contact HP cause I'm an idiot lol...it won't go to the home screen or anywhere else!
Thank god I have some great family members who loaned me a printer to continue my cards until my printer is fixed so disaster barely averted lol.
Well today I don't have a card for you but I though I would post pics of what used to be my craft room when we were in our last home which was much larger and my teeny tiny craft area now. I sat " area" because it's in a corner of my kitchen lol with three quarters of my supplies packed in boxes in the basement that I don't have....let's call it a crawl space lol.
I knew when buying this house I was going to have to sacrifice......but I thought that meant giving up a kid or 2 for space lol...kiddinggggggg I love my kiddies :)

So this was my craft room before










And this is my craft area now



Welcome to my world lol



3 comments:

  1. lol you did make me laugh Donna, bet you miss your big craft space, I am lucky and have the spare bedroom as my work office and craft room. I think I spend most of my time actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give it time and Imlove your new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow What Amazing Spacer You Had And Still Have I Too Have Betty Little And End Up On Kitchen Table.

    ReplyDelete